Software Engineer, Game Development
Reports to: CTO/VP Of Engineering
Compensation: Annual Salary (Depending on Experience), Stock options, Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Type: Permanent, Full Time
Kaneva is hard at work building a game platform that will provide the right candidates with the potential to deliver game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. Our team includes industry veterans as well as recent college graduates that share a passion for building one of the most innovative game platforms in the world.
Kaneva is looking for an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Software Engineer to be part of a dynamic Game Development team. In this role you must own the quality and goals of the Kaneva Platform’s game development initiatives. The ideal candidate is an outstanding software engineer with a proven track record in working on building games in a MMO/FPS/RPG type of game platform. You have a thorough knowledge of game and human factors design theory and tools, possess strong leadership skills, production-sensibilities, and the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work.
You should be able to work independently and be comfortable with taking direction and critique on your code and designs. You’ll be sharing your hard-earned knowledge while working within a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary team of designers, artists, game producers, product managers and programmers as you continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
• Work closely with the Game Producer and executive team to develop features for the game platform.
• Work directly with our Studio lead on tuning and improving the game system user experience
• Work with all areas of product engineering, as well as game feature development goals and execution.
• Create documentation to clearly communicate ideas and goals to team.
• Spearhead and deliver work on time within a schedule.
• Develop data-gathering methods for user experience enhancements and tuning through split testing then implement changes based on the data.
• 1 - 5 years of experience as game programmer.
• Strong methodology and problem solving ability, with focus on technical design
• Understanding and passion for the competitive, multiplayer game landscape.
• Very comfortable with and understanding engine/game constraints and opportunities.
• Strong communications skills to work with and across teams
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or Computation Media is preferred
• Experience working in a fast paced Agile software delivery environment
• Must have the ability to take constructive criticism and maintain a professional attitude.
• Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills.
• Experience with Game Engines such as: Source, Unreal, or CryEngine.
• Familiarity with programming and scripting languages such as: C++, C#
• Understanding of software engineering design patterns